Age is a central theme in many cultures. In China, the elderly are revered for their wisdom and experience, while in other countries they are often ignored and neglected. As we age our bodies and mind become weaker and our view of the world can change, why does this happen? There are some who don’t change at all, but could that be because of their upbringing?
From being wildly youthful and adventurous to becoming older and perhaps wilder, this intermediate lesson seeks to help students explore age and time.
- Language level: B1+
- Aim: Explore age and related themes
- Learner type: Young learners; Teens; Adults
- Time: 45 – 60 minutes
- Activities included: Discussing quotes, conversation questions, presentation, image discussion
- Topic: Aging and issues around age (whether real or imagined)
- Language: Any
- Materials: Text and images