The eternal question of “is there any life out there?” has been playing on the minds of people for centuries; and after all these years the question still intrigues us. What makes aliens and UFOs so interesting? Why has is captured our imaginations? Could it be that the thought of humanity being all alone in the universe scares us?
This lesson aims to get students talking about the most thought provoking question of our time. Intermediate students will be able to use their creativity and linguistic flexibility to share their ideas and feelings.
- Language level: B1+
- Aim: Students talk about aliens and our place in the universe.
- Learner type: Young learners; Teens; Adults
- Time: 45 – 60 minutes
- Activities included: Discussing quotes, conversation questions, presentation, image discussion
- Topic: Aliens and UFOs
- Language: Any (could pre-teach modals to prepare for this lesson)
- Materials: Text and images