How we look and what we wear is always being scrutinised and assessed by others. It doesn’t just stop with people, it also continues with adverts on TV and print media, wouldn’t it be great if ads just didn’t focus on body image so much? How could children and adults be affected by this? Why do you think companies encourage us to be more concerned about our looks?
This intermediate warmer discussion exercise invites students to focus on these key questions and more.
- Language level: B1+
- Aim: The cultural differences in adoption acceptance.
- Learner type: Young learners; Teens; Adults
- Time: 45 – 60 minutes
- Activities included: Discussing quotes, conversation questions, presentation, image discussion
- Topic: Adoption
- Language: Any
- Materials: Text and images
- Download the PDF talking points page: Appearance ESLTalkingPoints PDF
- Download the PDF images for class: Appearance Images PDF