Art is the means in which a culture expresses itself. The style and emotions of the time are deeply embedded within the oils on canvas, the shape of pottery and the texture of the stones used in various artworks.
This intermediate lesson aims to have students think about types of art and if there is potentially a hierarchy of art? How does money or tradition change the value of art?
- Language level: B1+
- Aim: The cultural differences in art.
- Learner type: Young learners; Teens; Adults
- Time: 45 – 60 minutes
- Activities included: Discussing quotes, conversation questions, presentation, image discussion
- Topic: Art
- Language: Any (may need to pre-teach adjectives to describe images and materials)
- Materials: Text and images
- Download the PDF talking points page: Art ESLTalkingPoints PDF
- Download the PDF images for class: Art Images PDF