Shall I compare thee to a summers day? It’s always been a great draw for humankind, the lustre of a painting, the curve of a staircase and the youthfulness in faces all stimulate our perception of beauty. As with many aspects of life, is beauty real? Is it just a concept people have created? Why has beauty become important in our lives?
This intermediate lesson seeks to have students think about types of beauty, from cars to fashion, and how it has changed over many years.
- Language level: B1+
- Aim: Issues related to beauty and personal self-esteem and how it connects with the learners.
- Learner type: Young learners; Teens; Adults
- Time: 45 – 60 minutes
- Activities included: Discussing quotes, conversation questions, presentation, image discussion
- Topic: Beauty
- Language: Any
- Materials: Text and images
- Download the PDF talking points page: Beauty ESLTalkingPoints PDF
- Download the PDF images for class: Beauty Images PDF