For the last seventy years, the American Presidency has been a position of great power and world esteem. While without its own controversies, whoever holds the Office of President of the United States has the physical power and political influence to shape the world beyond recognition. Whenever the President has acted to intervene in the world, it has certainly changed the world, whether for good or for bad.
Given this global authority what mistakes have they made? Could the position be modified? How do others see their influence?
- Language level: B1+
- Aim: Introduce ideas around the American Presidency.
- Learner type: Young learners; Teens; Adults
- Time: 45 – 60 minutes
- Activities included: Discussing quotes, conversation questions, presentation, image discussion
- Topic: American Presidents
- Language: Any
- Materials: Text and images